SovietEraMuseum exclusive photos from exhibition Igor Sikorsky “Back in USSR” in VDNH, Moscow. Igor Ivanovich Sikorsky (May 25, 1889 – October 26, 1972) was a Russian American aviation pioneer in both helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. He designed and flew the world’s first multi-engine fixed-wing aircraft, the Russky Vityaz in 1913, and the first airliner, Ilya
Exclusive photos of SovietEraMuseum from museum dedicated to the Chief Administration of Corrective Labour Camps and Colonies, better known as the GULAG. Guides dressed like guards describe the vast network of labour camps that once existed in the former Soviet Union and recount the horrors of camp life. GULAG – black page of Soviet History.
The 1974 Ice Hockey World Championships were the 41st Ice Hockey World Championships and the 52nd European Championships in ice hockey. The tournament took place in Finland from 5 April to 20 April and the games were played in the capital, Helsinki. Exclusive photos from Soviet Era Museum.
Soviet chemical corps in 1960s’
Donetsk – (former names:Yuzovka, Staline, Stalino) is a large city in Ukrainian SSR. In 1924, under the Soviet rule, the city’s name was changed to Stalin. In that year, the city’s population totaled 63,708, and in the next year, 80,085. In 1929-31 the city’s name was changed to Stalino.The city did not have a drinking
Cheboksary is the capital city of the Soviet Chuvash Republic and a large port on the Volga River. Population: 419,592 (1989 Census) Some rare photos from SovietEraMusem archive:
Our reportage from photo exhibition “100 anniversary of Russian Air Force 1912-2012” (Moscow, Russian Federation). Exlusive of the SovietEraMuseum:
Ostankino Tower is a television and radio tower in Moscow, Russia. Standing 540.1 metres (1,772 ft) tall. The tower was the first free-standing structure to exceed 500 m (1,600 ft) in height. Ostankino was built to mark the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution. It is named after the Ostankino district of Moscow in which it is located. Construction began in 1963 and was completed in 1967. SovietEraMuseum